The start-up BONUS – amount, application, requirements. We answer the most important questions. At first sight:
- This is the startup BONUS
- This is encouraged
- Special support for social entrepreneurs
- These costs are funded
- exclusion criteria
- question and requirements
- repayment principle
- Alternative financing for non-Berliners
Founders from Berlin are in luck: They can collect up to half of their start-up costs as bonuses for particularly innovative, creative or sustainable start-up projects. This is exactly the aim of the BONUS start-up in Berlin. we show you, what exactly is the start-up BONUS, which requirements you have to meet and how you can get the start-up BONUS.
The start-up BONUS: up to 50,000 euros
With the BONUS start-up of IBB Business Team GmbH, the founders in Berlin are to be promoted. Until 50% of the total costs of establishment, maximum 50,000 euros promoted.
Question: who and what is financed?
AS suitable Foundations and start-ups that
- offer digital business models
- that offer particularly innovative business models, products or services
- the particularly creative or
- offer particularly sustainable business models
Naturally, the more of these properties are satisfied at once, the better the whole thing is. One goes for startups age limit:
Startups applying must be no more than 12 months old at the time of application. The start-up bonus is therefore mainly aimed at early stage financing.
Special funding also for social initiatives and social entrepreneurship
Since the end of 2018, social enterprises and social entrepreneurs from Berlin have also been able to apply. The loan offer is aimed primarily at companies that offer a social advantage in the areas of health, education, social cohesion or the environment and sustainability, but are also economic and market oriented proceed. Social challenges can certainly also be addressed with business models such as cooperatively organized online commerce or digital innovations – we are dealing with these companies here.
However, an exclusion applies to social initiatives which depend mainly on state or other public funding for the provision of their charitable services.
The start-up BONUS is therefore also a very important source of funding for companies and business concepts that not only focus on maximizing profits, but also think about the future. It is precisely these business concepts that often receive too little attention and appreciation from other forms of financing and financing, because usually only absolute profit prospects are taken into consideration. You should be able to produce a reliable and well-developed business plan.
What is particularly important for funding is the most innovative possible approach to solving a problem and a focus on potential that is as local as possible.
What exactly is funded?
The start-up BONUS serves to promote the development, implementation and market affirmation of products, services or technologies.
- materials and investment costs,
- all kinds of ongoing management expenses (e.g. room rental costs, communication and advertising costs, etc.)
- Costs for consulting, IT development and other external services you need
- as well as costs for patent applications and the like,
- Employee costs (gross employee costs)
- as well as grants directly to the founders and CEOs, but only up to a maximum of 2,000 euros per month per person.
All costs for individuals (benefits for founders, employee costs) are paid only up to half of the total amount of the awarded grant.
What you do not finance with the grant they can be:
- the purchase of land,
- Real estate, business or sales vehicles,
- Costs for financing, interest, leasing or taxes.
Additional requirements for the start-up BONUS
Basically your must Start-up project in Berlin future, even the next one the planned company headquarters is to be in Berlin and remain in Berlin for up to three years after completion of the funding.
Your company must be independent and self-sufficient, you must have knowledge or skills that suggest you can also be trusted to found a successful company (commercial knowledge, specialist knowledge in your sector, Etc.). The start-up project must be convincing, sufficient have growth potential and show a positive effect for the place (e.g. job creation).
This means you have to spend the money first, then the bills
Submit it, have it checked by the IBB and then get paid
in a maximum of 5 tranches.
You will be informed of the expected amount of total funding soon after the decision is made and can then keep track of the parts of the funding
Retrieve sending the corresponding invoices in each case. THE
By the way, you should always transfer invoice amounts –
Cash receipts are not generally accepted.
You are not authorized to bear the expenses for which you are applying for funding
they have previously applied for funding elsewhere. If you have already received or applied for startup funding, you should do so
check in advance if it is still possible to request the start-up BONUS.
Question: Where can you request the start-up BONUS?
A The application for the startup bonus can only be done online. The application form can be accessed here: https://ibb-bt-gruendungsbonus.anmeldungsverwaltung.de/login.php
The personal contacts for the start-up bonus are Christine Heuer and Nadine Helpenstein. You can reach them both by phone
Christine Heuer on 030 / 2125 – 2351
Nadine Helpenstein on 030/2125 – 4662
You can send questions by email to email@example.com
Alternatives to the start-up BONUS: additional funding opportunities for startups
If you are not a Berlin founder or do not meet the conditions for the GründerBONUS, these subsidies for founders and startups may be relevant for you:
- Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs – funding program for startups and founders
- Advisory Support for Founders (Part 1): Before founding | Overview of advisory services for founders
- The 8 Most Important Funding Programs for Startups: Partial funding through public funding
- Our TIP: We have put together a free pdf for download, with the most important information on the subject of “money for your startup”: the Guide to start-up financing | This is how you get the money to start!